You modify WeWALK’s obstacle detection feature with this setting. WeWALK detects front-facing obstacles, above chest level when obstacle detection is enabled.
- The obstacle detection distances are min, low, mid, and max and can be set between 80 Centimetres to 165 Centimetres.
- We recommend setting obstacle detection to max setting when using your cane outdoors to ensure maximum detection. To set the optimum obstacle detection distance, we recommend you stand in front of a flat wall to test each setting and find the one that suits you best.
To change obstacle detection settings:
- Open the voice menu by doing a single finger double-tap on the smart cane's touchpad
- Swipe left to right with one finger to swipe through the voice menu settings until you hear Preferences
- Swipe left to right until you hear obstacle detection and double-tap to select it. Swipe left to right again until you've selected the obstacle detection setting that you would like. Double-tap again to apply the change.