Cane techniques are initially divided into two according to their usage, usage and holding styles: One of them is using a cross cane and the other is using a pendulumcane.
The technique of using cross canes; It is used in narrow places, turnstiles, door entrances and exits, wall follow-ups, stair landings and exits.
While holding the cane;
- The index finger is palmed up to the top of the cane.
- The arm should be stretched forward.
- The arm holding the cane should never be opened to the sides, raised or lowered.
- The hand should be at waist level and facing forward.
- The wrist should not be bent forward-backward or sideways, but should be kept straight.
*By paying attention to these rules, the cane will stand in a diagonal position in front.
Walking in the cross cane technique;
- The tip of the cane is not lifted from the ground.
- Go forward by rubbing the tip of the cane on the ground.
- In the meantime, the walking stick and arm are not moved.
*Since it may be necessary to use the crossed cane technique on both arms, this technique should be practiced with both arms.
If you want to get more detailed information on this subject, you can contact us at [email protected].
Stay tuned to our articles!